The main aim of WP2 will be to design, prepare and characterize new formulations with antimicrobial functionality. For developing these, printing technologies will be exploited. New formulations will be directly applied to counteract BRIs in medical devices. Proof-of-concept endotracheal catheters and femur implants will be fabricated with 3D-printing incorporated antimicrobials. Alternatively, bioprinting will be utilized to coat 3D- printed devices. Based on in vitro functionality studies, the best candidate formulations will be chosen for WP3.
WP2: Development of 3D printed devices and formulations
- Combined AMiCI & PRINT‐AID Training School 2019 Program is available 2019-04-01
- UPCOMING EVENT - PRINT- AID AMSTERDAM SUMMER SCHOOL 2 in APRIL 2019 2019-04-01
- UPCOMING EVENT - PRINT-AID ANTWERP WORKSHOP 2 in FEBRUARY 2019 2019-02-05
- UPCOMING EVENT - PRINT-AID WARSAW SUMMER SCHOOL 2018 2019-01-24
- PRINT-AID at EUROPEAN RESEARCHERS NIGHT 2017! 2018-02-05
- UPCOMING EVENT - PRINT-AID HELSINKI WORKSHOP March 5th-6th 2018 2018-03-04